Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tug of War

I’m in a battle between the dark spaces of my mind and the light seeks to push through the darkness. The light is there…I know it is…but why has the bleakness of humanity squelched my drive to find the light. I hear the Satan taunt me with his laugh as he pulls his end of the rope thrusting my body forward. I mumble through my clenched teeth,

“I’ll never return. You can not have me!”

I regain my grip though my hands sweat with blood and feel the strength under my feet return. I pull with all of my might, but only to gain such little ground. My hair drips with sweat, my chin nearly touches my chest in defeat, and my arms tremble with infinite weakness as I fear I must give in and let go.

In that infinite second, when my burning hands release their grip from the twisted braid…another set of hands come from no where. They are the hands of my Master. The Prince of Peace. Satan’s cackle becomes very faint as if falling into a hole that reached the center of the Earth. Before my body flung to the dirt in gut wrenching pain, His hands, they pick me up. The cuddle me. They brush the dirt away. The gentle hands of my Healer made my wounds disappear. He holds me for a long while and sings over me. His sweet voice soothes the battle within my mind. After some time He spoke and said,

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have OVERCOME the world!”
John 16:33
~
We all battle from time to time within the confines of our minds. Satan loves to put us down, tell us lies, and make us feel unworthy to be called a child of God. It is in these times we must fight with the armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-20) and not with our own strength. We will gain little ground over Satan when we go it alone. Now you know why this verse headlines my blog...
"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you he will quiet you with his love, he will
REJOICE OVER YOU WITH SINGING."

I pray God will bring solace to those who find their mind a battlefield.



No comments: