Friday, February 8, 2008

Letter from Jesus

Dear Child,

How heavy your burdens seem to bear this day. Could you possibly make it through one more rough day at work, one more trial with our child, one more conversation with a negative person, one more betrayal of a close friend, or the hurt of a loose tongue full of lies?

Remember when you go through these times, if it seems the world hates you, keep in mind that they hated me first. There is no trial we encounter that I have not experienced already.

A rough day at work…..I had many rough days convincing people who sent me.

Another trial with your child…..I have had to deal with disappointments in my children’s bad choices countless times.

A negative person….Have you thanked me today?

Betrayal of a friend…..a beloved friend kissed and betrayed me.

A loose tongue full of lies…..I was crucified for the lies people told of me.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world!” (John 16:33)

Love,
Jesus

No comments: