Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So, I’ve read my last post about ten times. Do you think I may have been a bit judgmental and harsh? Well I would have to answer, “Yes!”, as the Holy Spirit whispers to me I realize I have left out one important word…LOVE! Once again, I am reminded of my own humanness amidst the struggles we face in this world.


“If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love,


I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.”


I Corinthians 13:1


I don’t want to be a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal that would cause others to cover their ears and not desire to see change amongst fellow believers…brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. I want to present how love wins overall causing believers and non-believers to step into a deeper more intimate relationship with the heavenly Father.


First, I would like to correct my former statement in my previous post of church being an “institution”. “The church” is not an institution. The church is not the building in which one goes on a Sunday morning for a service. The church is those who believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.



“For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes


in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."


John 6:40


The church is also known as the “bride” of Christ and Christ as the “bridegroom”. This analogy is stated in Ephesians 5:22-27.


“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.”


And Christ will return for his bride the church.


“Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory!


For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.”


Revelation 19:7



So may I ask the church, those who believe in Jesus Christ, have you made yourself ready for the bridegrooms return? Ready? What do I mean by ready you ask? Have you spent time in fellowship with your bridegroom (Jesus) to know him? Do you renew your mind daily as you read the Word of God. Do you have quiet moments in prayer and silence to allow the Holy Spirit to speak sweetly nudging you in certain directions?



“God, who has called you into fellowship with his


Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.”


I Corinthians 1:9



“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world,


but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.


Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—


his good, pleasing and perfect will.”


Romans 12:2



“But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us,


not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.


He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,


6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,”


Titus 3:4-6



I realize as well in my previous post I blamed pastors and leaders of a church body as the cause of the lack of loving others well because of their business like attitude. Who am I to point a finger, because I have three other fingers pointing back at me! I am every bit as responsible and so are all believers to ensure the well being and spiritual growth of our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ!



So "church"...get out your Bibles...find a quiet spot...pull up an empty chair beside you for Jesus...and let's spend some time with Him! I'm only just beginning...stay tuned for more posts on the current state of the church and some possible solutions as seen by a fellow believer and God chaser heart!





No comments: