Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things!

All of my memorable momentos make for all the things I love and enjoy the most and make a wonderful display on the side table of my bed.
I love mixing it up when I decorate. In the midst of the rainy spring day a little cleaning and deocrating was happening at my home. The old chennel bedspread I found in mint condition for $13.00 at an antique market. You catch a glimpse of one of the many quilts my mother-in-law Ida made for us. I finally put some pictures of my kids on the wall, but think I need to paint the frames silver instead of gold (another weekend project). I just love the items I put on my bed side table...take a closer look!

The little white lamp I got at a garage sale for $2.00!!! I love black and white photos of my family. The pictured here is of my husband and my youngest son Samuel at the age of two at our Myrtle Beach vacation.
The shells and feathers were collected by my children on the shores in the Hamptons where we spent Thanksgiving 2009 with my husband's brother Andy.
A book I received as a gift from my dear friend and sister in Christ, Julie Krukow from DeWitt, IA


  
I recieved this cross after speaking on piety at a CEW retreat at St. Jospeh's in DeWitt, IA



No comments: