Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Faith in the Fog


Is it possible to be peaceful and yet have anxiousness and worry loom over you as humidity does on a hot summer’s day? I am quite certain the Lord has sighed many a times over my half baked faith. I have slumped into a silly pile of self pity wondering why I feel the way I do. I have become a two year old child who throws a temper tantrum in dramatic fashion with tears and wailing because I can’t have the piece of candy at the end of the checkout line. Ok…I might be exaggerating a bit, but you get my point. I am helpless to save myself from my own drowning of inflicted pain and torment. And then I read a passage from, Faith in the Fog, by Jeff Lucas and indeed the fog seemed to lift for me this gloomy 24 hours…

“Being a Christian involves endurance.

Obeying when it’s the last thing you want to do.

Getting up and trying again.

Hanging in there.”
 

No comments: