Sunday, July 13, 2008


We have all heard the "redneck" jokes, but have you actually had to live out being a "redneck"? This week a baby tooth which never fell out decided it was time to leave. Unfortunately, I had no ivory above to replace the now vacant spot. Yes, I lived being a "redneck" with a gaping whole viewed by all in the front of my upper row of teeth. Fortunately, I got in to see a dentist quickly and she took the lost bicuspid, bonded it to the two teeth on either side of the gap, and after sitting in a chair for an hour and a half with my mouth opened wide; the gap no longer existed. A big praise God for that one!!!

It will be a week before I see the dentist again for a consultation on an implant. An implant is not a procedure which will happen quickly. In the mean time, they will fit me with a "flipper tooth". But for now the dead baby tooth sits glued to my other teeth. I'm to be very careful and not even chew on that side of my mouth. At times I feel I can't even talk as pressing my tongue to the roof of my mouth to make certain sounds hurts a tinge, but also I fear the glue may come loose and the tooth will go flying! Now wouldn't that be a pretty site...lol!

This morning was Sunday and as always it was church day. As they began to sing songs of worship, I soon realized, singing was out of the question. Well unless of course the parishioners in front of me wanted to be taken out by a flying tooth...lol. So I mouthed the words self conscience that others might think I was not participating. Then they sang the song We Fall Down. ...

We fall down
We lay our crowns
At the feet of Jesus
The greatness of
Mercy and love
At the feet of Jesus

And we cry holy, holy, holy
And we cry holy, holy, holy
And we cry holy, holy, holy
Holy is the Lamb

I often dream of the day when I will see Jesus. I picture myself falling to my knees and touching the feet of my forever friend. How I long for our skin to finally meet. Tears will fall on this joyous occasion and I will reach for the hem of his robe to wipe the salted drops away. I will breath in deeply and smell the fragrant myrrh and aloes that gingerly dance in the air around my one true King. I will cry holy, holy, holy is the lamb. He will lift my chin with the tip of His fingers... gaze adoringly into my eyes...I will smile...and looking like a "redneck" with my missing tooth He will love me just the same with an embrace I shall never forget!

No comments: