Thursday, April 9, 2009

Red

Red is an amazing color. It’s my favorite. I have a red couch and love seat in my living room, red accents, and just recently chose a red shower curtain and red rugs to match for a bathroom in our new home. It’s a beautiful, bold, courageous color.

As I put the shower curtain up, I began to think about all the things I know that are red. My favorite bird, the red bird, is red. Red was my precious Grandma Romigh’s favorite color as well. The colors of Indiana University are red and white. But the most profound thought that brought tears to my eyes was that of the blood of Jesus shed for me. His blood was definitely red.

As I went to bed last evening I wondered, God made us and God chose every detail about us. He could have chosen for us to have blue, green, yellow, or even purple blood. But he didn’t. He chose the color red. Why? That’s a question I’m going to ask him when I see him some day. But for now this is my answer. The courageous blood of Jesus dripped like sweat from his brow when he surrendered all to the Father in the garden before the soldiers took him away. The blood of Jesus trickled down his thorn pricked head as he boldly carried the cross to his death. The beautiful blood of Jesus fell from his nail pierced hands to pay a debt he did not owe.

The color red is courageous, bold, and beautiful just as my Immanuel. No wonder I love the color red! Thank you Jesus for dying for me that I may have hope of a life everlasting!


“And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly,
and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.”

Luke 22:44

No comments: