Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Be Still

The quietness of the morning stills my soul as a woodpecker taps on the trunk of the tree. The birds chirp and the sun shines brightly. I find the more opportunities I take for this peaceful tranquility, the more I desire these intimate soul stirring moments between my Lord and I. This desire becomes a craving of sorts in which a day missed with him is empty and unfulfilled.

Recently, during these still moments, I have found myself reevaluating my life. I've been asking three of life's biggest questions...

1) Who am I? (identity)
2) Where do I belong? (security)
3) What am I suppose to do? (significance)

Chip Ingram states in his book, "Living on the Edge"...

"It is far easier to accept predigested religious answers
and dive into energizing religious activities than it is to work through
the sometimes painful and difficult process of "being still and
knowing He is God." But quietness and stillness are REQUIRED in
order for God to tell you who you are, why you are here, and what
you are suppose to do."

Let the things of this Earth grow dim in the light of his glory and grace in a quiet moment with Him.



1 comment:

mrsforeman said...

One of my favorite songs. Thanks for sharing your heart (and His in the process)