Monday, September 19, 2011

I Press On

I have been a work in progress now for over 45 years since the time my heavenly Father began to knit me together in my mother’s womb, to  the first breath my infant lungs, until now…a wife of nearly 20 years and mother of three beautiful gifts from God above.

In this time of growing, God continually presses the wrinkles of life out of my heart. Yet in each stroke of the refining iron, a pressed out wrinkle reveals deep pain. In the depths of the creased pain, there is sorrow, oppression, guilt, unworthiness, and a critical spirit just to name a few.  I am sure there are many more wrinkles that have come with time which I am totally unaware of or see in my life. I am after all a sinful human being, but that is exactly why I know I need Jesus.

The more I fold the pain over in my heart, the easier it is to convince myself it isn’t there. But God sees everything and God knows everything. I haven’t hidden one thing from Him. I have just ignored what needs tended to in my heart because it was the easy way out. But I know this life was not meant to be easy. It is never a pain free walk in the park when you know Jesus.  Not because God causes the pain and suffering…it is our own sin which causes our afflictions or the sin of others. And it is in these trials and troublesome occasions we become more like Christ when we choose to seek His face and not His hand.


Dear Heavenly Father,
In the depth of my doubt, pain, and fear…reveal to me your holiness that in my weakness I would be made strong through the power of your precious blood shed for me!
~Amen

No comments: