Friday, September 23, 2011

I Roll with Jesus

I have had a lot of time this week between the walls of my home as I tended to the needs of my sick children. Occasionally, I would slip outside and sit in my country yellow chair, with a mug of coffee in hand, and Bible under my arm. It was the only time I really had to myself.


I just love to sit and be surrounded by nature and watch, touch, and listen to all God's creation. It is when I sense the closeness of God the most...as if His breath is upon my shoulder. In this stillness, my heart opens wide to capture the sweet whispers of the Holy Spirit tug on my heartstrings and stir my soul to peace and calm. The more I sit in quietness, the greater I crave for more of this precious solitude alone with my Abba. When it is time for me to rise and get on with the day He has given..
I roll with Jesus...and not my own selfish desires. Praise God!

"Come near to God and He will come near to you."
~James 4:8




No comments: