Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thank You and Hello


I reached high in my bedroom closet for the fire proof box. We keep all our important papers in this box. I specifically needed my youngest son’s birth certificate for proof of his age for football. When I opened the box, I saw first, a yellowed letter with the date February 20th, 1987. It is one of my most prized possessions. It was my 20th birthday letter from my most precious grandmother. The letter reads…

Dear Shannon,

Are you having your birthday with Scott (my oldest brother)? I was with Scottie when you were born. Also I saw you before you were born and knew you were a girl. And you had a Gold Star shining over you. I don’t think of it often but the Lord brought it back to my memory this morning as I got your card ready.
Shannon, if you commit your ways, your studies, and works unto the Lord, He will direct your every step – “literally”. Romans 8:28, “And everything; everything works together for good to those who love God.” The Living Bible says; “And we know that all that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting into his plan!”
I love these scriptures. God is ever faithful and never leaves nor forsakes us. He is a very present help in time of stress. May he ever be with you Shannon, and keep you!
I pray all is well with you Shannon and that you have a blessed birthday.

Always with Love,
Grandma Bowser


I praise God for the wonderful gift He gave me in my grandma Bowser. She didn’t have much, but she was very wealthy because she knew Jesus. She prayed often for me. She encouraged me through these wonderful letters my entire life until she went home to be with her Lord six years ago. I miss her. I miss her prayers. I wish she were here now so I could talk awhile with her.
~
I thank you Lord for my Grandmother’s influence in my life before her grand entry through the gates of glory. I know it was not by accident that I opened that box on this day. Her letter penned over twenty years ago brought encouragement to my soul when my soul needed it most. I miss her Lord. Please tell her thank you and hello for me this night. Amen.

No comments: