Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Silence is Golden

All I want is to be close to Him. His presence is so peaceful. Yet sometimes I become preoccupied with things…earthly things which should not hold a priority over my heavenly Father. But somehow by my own choice, I allow the world to consume my time with trivial things. This only breeds a frustrated person who cannot give love and life from a selfish unsatisfied soul.

~

I was sitting…just sitting outside listening intently. I really didn’t know what I wanted to hear, but knew I needed silence to soothe the ache of my busy mind. I heard a mass of birds chattering away in the tallest top of a tree. A blue jay cackled in the neighbor’s yard and caused me to turn my head to catch a gaze upon the bird. Unfortunately, I didn’t see the fowl. But then the sun caught my attention. It was bright indeed, but the beauty of the rays dispersing between the limbs reminded me of the glory of heaven. The breeze was soft against my cheeks and caused the leaves to softly clap together in unison. Some have decided they no longer want to be attached to the tree and fluttered and swayed in a free fall to the ground. Tears began to well in my eyes as I was overwhelmed by the touch of my Creator. How could I have missed such beauty made for me to see, touch, smell, and hear from the great I Am?

~

All He wants is to be close to me. He wants to bring my mind peace. He desires deeply for me not to be preoccupied with worldly things, but to see His hand as mine. Silence with my Lord is golden. It causes the frustrated unsatisfied soul to free fall to the ground and a life giving soul to arise to stand and lift their hands in praise to their Creator. And God smiles in return!

“Come near to God, and He will come near to you…” James 4:8



2 comments:

mrsforeman said...

Wonderful words of wisdom, Shannon. I think I could use some of this too.

Unknown said...

Beautifully written...I felt like I was sitting there with you. Our Lord's creation always puts me at peace...so soothing and beautiful!

The verse on your header was my theme verse last year...I LOVE it!

Thanks for commenting on my article AT The Well