Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Father's Dream


As the cold artic winds blow over Iowa, the presidential campaign is in full swing with super Tuesday just a few weeks away. I don't know about you, but sometimes the news coverage and politician retorhic, can sometimes be rediculously overwhelming. I get tired of HillBill, the Obama family is not the next "Camelot", and Mit's negative ads show his true character!

However, one thing I have enjoyed is watching the older daughters of some of the candidates help their daddy's campaign. Last night, NBC evening news did a piece on two of the candidate's daughters. Meghan McCain and Sarah Huckabee have taken on the spotlight in support of their fathers, both reaching out two hope sway younger voters to choose their pops. Meghan writes on her daily blog and Sarah keeps her dad running on time to campaign events. What caught my attention as I watched with admiring eyes, is the last sentence Brain Williams reported.

"Two daughters working to help their father's achieve thier dream."

I quickly jotted the phrase down and read it over and over. One question came to mind,

"Am I helping my Father achieve His dream?"

I think it is a question we could all ask ourselves. When we meet Jesus face to face will his say,

"Thank you for helping me achieve my dream of salvation for all and love one another as I have loved you."

Will it be followed by the phrase,

"Well done good and faithful servant."

It is something to think about and consider now isn't it!

No comments: