Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Kiss Before the Womb


As the pastor prayed over the anniversary couple, he requested they be blessed from eternity from which they came until eternity to which they will return. Most people probably heard this spoken the same as I, but maybe none other than myself have pondered this thought since.

Why can’t I remember eternity from which I came or does the Lord give me glimpses and I miss his sweet message of love and adoration? Jesus also came from eternity, has returned, and sits at the right hand of the Father. Did God hold me sweetly in His arms and kiss my forehead before placing me in my mother’s womb? After all, God tells Jeremiah in Jeremiah 1:5,

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,…”

He must have known me as well! He must have known you!

Think me a fool for my thoughts…than a fool I am for the sake of Christ and loving it!

1 comment:

Schmendel said...

I've been thinking about eternity and where we are when we die and before birth a lot. An old woman I knew just died and her great grandchild was on the way. I like to think that on her way home, which has been a long, slow journey, she may have walked for a few miles of her path home with that babe in her arms.