Saturday, September 4, 2010

One Solemn Moment

Today was a simply beautiful day. The sun rays were warm enough for me to wear a t-shirt, but the cool air convinced me to don a pair of pants. I sat outside for awhile enjoying the beauty God created. I leaned my head back, eyes closed, and legs extended forward as my arms rested effortlessly on the sides of the chair. I breathed in deeply and exhaled slowly quietly thanking my Lord for the moment of peace. The breeze brushed across my face and reminded me of the nearness of my God. The sun peeked from behind the clouds and the shadows disappeared from behind my closed lids. The heaven sent rays warmed my skin and I couldn’t help but think...God touched me in His own way. The sound of my voice softly began to sing the old hymn, How Great Thou Art. It became an intimate solemn moment of worship just between my God and I. Silenced filled the air again and I recognized He is closer than I realize. I just need to take the time to sit awhile with Him. I’m glad I choose to “be” with my Savior today instead of “doing” another task on my list. It was precious…so precious indeed!

No comments: